So you purchased a new home and you’re considering a builders warranty inspection. You’re on the right track. Builders warranty’s in Tennessee don’t last very long and many are only valid for the first twelve months. So it’s extremely important to have the home inspected. Most builders will encourage you to have an inspection at some point in owning the home. It’s encouraged to have an inspection prior to the warranty expiring, whether you had an inspection prior to closing or not. Some issues just don’t present themselves until the home has been lived in for a while. Daley Home Inspections provides comprehensive builders warranty inspections so you can submit a report to your builder for repairs. Together with your experience of 10-11 months of living in the home combined with the years of construction and inspecting experience that Jason brings to every inspection, he can work to investigate the current and potential issues that are visible in the home.
Builders Warranty Inspections
Whats covered in a builders warranty inspection, here’s a brief list of the many items inspected?
- Framing – from the crawl space to the attic the framing is inspected looking for proper supports and installation
- Electrical – the main electric panel, sub panels, receptacles, and their connected devices
- Roof – the installation of the roofing materials, the flashing, the gutters, the ventilation
- Foundation – from block to concrete slab the foundation will be check for any issues
- Plumbing – the sewer lines and the supply lines the water heater all connected fixtures (sinks, tubs toilets)
- heating – the heating system is run and checked for proper operation and installation
- cooling- the cooling system is run and checked for proper operation and installation (during some cold days the system can not be run so the inspection of the cooling system is limited)
- Interiors – builders warranties usually cover nail pops and some cosmetic defects so we help to point those out along with checking out all of the accessible items from doors to floor covering, to cabinets and windows and a long list of other items
- Exteriors – The exterior is an inspection of multiple items some of which fall under the previously listed items, other items are the siding or brick, windows, grading, and a long list of other items.
No ridge venting found in new home builders warranty inspection.
New builders warranty inspection, discovered the wiring in the ac breaker box was undersized.
New home builders warranty inspection discovered the beam was not supported properly